Being a mom is hard work. It’s made up of tears, blood, puke, piles of laundry, and play-doh squished into the carpet. It’s also made up of snuggles, ketchup kisses, infectious giggles, and the fiercest love you will ever know. And sometimes, in all of motherhood’s beautiful chaos, we lose ourselves a little bit. We forget to care for ourselves because we’re too busy trying to get everything done and all our people tended to. This leads to overwhelm, chronic stress, living in survival mode, and even depression. And that, mama, is a painful, broken place to be.
But here’s the thing…you don’t have to be stuck in that place. I promise.
You can feel like you’re on top of things again. You can rediscover your joy. And you most definitely can love yourself back to the most vibrant version of you. You just need simple tips and practices that get you back on the path to becoming a fulfilled mom.
That’s where I come in.
Hey there! I’m Tyler, and I’m a recovering overwhelmed/stressed/depressed mom.
When I’m not loving on my handsome husband and our cute little boys, I’m working towards becoming a healthier, happier, more fulfilled version of myself. And when I find something that lights up my world, I just can’t wait to share it with y’all!
I’m all about breaking it down into simple, doable steps that busy moms can fit into their craziest days. Emphasis on simple and doable, because – let’s face it – if it’s not easy, we’re probably not going to do it. Self-proclaimed lazy girl right here. 🙂
I view self-care as a whole body experience. You’ve got to nourish your body, soul, and mind to really feel like the best version of yourself. When you’re rocking all 3, you feel like a strong, confident, calm, sexy mama. That’s the best gift you can give your family.
In this space, you will find motivation, inspiration, and actionable steps to help you be the fulfilled mama you wanna be.
Some topics I write about:
- Self-care practices
- Stress management tools
If you want to connect with me further, you can contact me here, and you can find me across social media as @thefulfilledmom (or you can click the icons at the top of my sidebar). Be sure to say “hi!” 🙂
38 random things about me
- Yes, I have a boy’s name. (I blame my dad!) It doesn’t even mean anything cool (tiler of roofs…ummm, yeah). When I was younger I wished I had a beautiful girly name, but now that I’m older, I feel like it suits me perfectly.
- I’m the oldest of 9 kids. 6 brothers, 2 sisters. My baby sister is 20 years younger than me. My mama is superwoman.
- I’ve played the piano since I was 11.
- I’m a homeschool grad. (Did I mention my mom is superwoman?) I’m homeschooling my own kids now, and it is hard.
- John and I got married in 2009.
- I’m as introverted as they come. My Myers Briggs personality type is ISTJ.
- I struggle with anxiety/panic attacks on a semi-regular basis. Not fun.
- I’m a Christ-follower. So thankful for grace upon grace upon grace…
- Books and music are my life blood.
- My favorite books are: The Hunger Games series (♥ Katniss and Peeta’s love story), Harry Potter series, and anything by C.S. Lewis.
- I’m pretty positive the Sorting Hat would put me in Ravenclaw.
- My musical preferences include Christian, Country, Pop, a capella, and the random opera song. Everything Sam Hunt puts out is amazing. How Deep the Father’s Love for Us will forever be my favorite song.
- I have a thing for watching magicians on YouTube. Sleight of hand mesmerizes me.
- I loathe laundry entirely. I’m good at the sorting and washing part. It’s the remembering to put in the dryer and folding part that gets me.
- Cooking isn’t much better. Why does it take twice as long to fix a meal than it does to eat?
- I’m not outdoorsy in the least. Bugs scare me, and I don’t like dirt.
- Exercise and I have a love/hate relationship. It’s no fun during, but after it’s nice to have muscle tone.
- I can cross my elbows behind my back. It’s a talent, I promise. 😉
- I can barely do my makeup, and I can’t do my hair at all.
- I hate buffets. When I go out to eat, I want people to bring me my food.
- Speaking of food, pizza, french fries, and cheesecake are my favorites.
- My youngest was born in the middle of a snowstorm. As in 15 inches of snow on the ground and still putting it down when we left for the hospital. We ran off the road 1/4 mile from our house. My in-laws came to get us, and we ran off the road in their vehicle, too. Then the wrecker who came to pull us out ran off the road. It was a long day.
- I had an unmedicated birth with said snowstorm baby. It’s the strongest I’ve ever felt. Transition is a beast, though.
- I’m a tea aficionado. Tea cups make me happy.
- I’m a clumsy person. I can trip over air. I’ve been told that walking is fun when you learn how.
- My husband also said once that I’m as graceful as a small elephant.
- If I could do all my shopping online, I would.
- Sparkling water is my beverage of choice. It has all the loveliness of soda without the sugar.
- I love making lists. To do’s, things to clean, things that make me happy, goals for the year, books to read, movies to watch… I have a bullet journal full of lists!
- I can’t eat soup or cereal without getting choked. It’s because there’s liquid and solid food all in the same bite, and I can never decide if I’m supposed to swallow the liquid or chew it all up together.
- People who talk one way and act another are my biggest pet peeve. Just be real. All the time.
- Favorite TV shows: The Mindy Project, America’s Got Talent, Dancing With the Stars, Friends, Reba, Masterchef, and Once Upon a Time. (I used to ship #OutlawQueen and #RumBelle but Robin is dead and I hate Belle’s current attitude towards Rumple…so we’ll see.)
- The Bachelor and The Bachelorette are my guilty pleasure shows. 😛
- Favorite movies: all of the Avengers films, the Hunger Games movies, the whole LOTR/Hobbit series, the Divergent series, the Harry Potter movies, Inside Out, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey version), and Paul Blart: Mall Cop.
- Is there anything more beautiful than the combo of chocolate and peanut butter? Sheer bliss.
- The beach is my happy place. I want to live by an ocean some day.
- I’m a curious person. People think I’m smart, but I’m really just best friends with Google search.
- If I could meet anyone in the world, it would be Jennifer Lawrence or Mindy Kaling. Also, I would love to meet Ashley I…